Rising stars in the cricket world: Young Talents in Cricket: Future Stars to Watch. The Indian cricket team has been one of the best teams in the cricket world for decades, with the credit going to all the players of the team. Indian players have not only been dominating the cricket world recently but have been making their mark for a long time. If we talk about the stalwarts of the current era, names like Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma stand out. However, in the past, the reign belonged to players like Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni. Even before them, the era saw players like Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar.
We will get to see a similar scene in the upcoming times as well. Given that, in the current times, several young players are joining Team India who will emerge as the top players in the upcoming era. The glimpse of that is already visible. So, let’s get to know about 5 such players who are expected to be at the top among the biggest stalwarts of the cricket world in the times to come.
Top 5 Cricketers to Watch In Future
Although there are many young cricketers in the cricket world who are creating a sensation with their powerful performances in the current times and are destined to be at the top of the list of great players of the upcoming century. However, through this article today, we are going to learn about 5 such players from India who are going to dominate the cricket world in the times to come. The glimpse of their potential is already beginning to show.
1. Shubman Gill
Name of the future cricket stars 1st – The name of the current Indian cricket team’s opening batsman, Shubman Gill, is set to be at the top of the list of stalwart players of the upcoming century, and glimpses of this are already starting to appear. Gill is currently only 24 years old, but he has already achieved several significant records at such a young age, which seems impossible for many others. One of these records includes scoring a double century in One Day Internationals. This is why he is being considered as the best modern-day batsman in one-day cricket.
With such achievements, it is certain that he will rule the cricket world in the future. Seeing his capability, all fans and experts have given him the nickname “Prince,” which implies that he is currently a prince and will be seen ruling the cricket world like a king in the times to come. Although he hasn’t been playing for India for a long time, he has already established a unique identity at the global level.
Also Read This: T20 World Cup 2024 Schedule, Venues, and Live Streaming
Shubman Gill’s international career
- Shubman Gill made his international debut in the year 2019. He played his One Day International (ODI) debut against the New Zealand team on January 31. Since then, he has been making a mark in the cricket world. Along with his entry into Team India, Gill has also contributed to the exit of several other players, including Shikhar Dhawan. Gill has played 44 ODIs so far, scoring 2271 runs in 44 innings at an average of 61.37 and a strike rate of 103.46. This includes 6 centuries and 13 half-centuries. He has also achieved a double century during this period, with his highest ODI score being 208 runs.
- In Test matches, he has played 20 matches, contributing 1040 runs in 37 innings with an average of 30.58. His Test innings include 2 centuries and 4 half-centuries, with a highest score of 128. In T20 International cricket, Gill has showcased exceptional performance. Although he hasn’t had as many opportunities in T20 matches, he has played 14 T20Is, scoring 335 runs in total with an average of 25.76 and a strike rate of 147.57. His best T20I score is 126*, and he has one century and one half-century to his name. Despite his young age, Gill has set numerous records with his outstanding performances.
Shubman Gill Records
- The 24-year-old right-handed batsman, Shubman Gill, holds the record for being the fastest to score 2000 runs in One Day International (ODI) cricket, achieving this milestone in just 38 innings. In this regard, he surpasses former South African stalwart Hashim Amla, who took 40 innings to achieve the feat. Additionally, Gill is part of the elite list of players who have scored centuries in all three formats of cricket. He has numerous records to his name, making it not so easy to enumerate them all. Just like his international career, Gill’s domestic cricket and Indian Premier League (IPL) career have also been impressive.
Shubman Gill’s IPL and Domestic Career
- Having made his IPL debut in 2018, Shubman Gill has played a total of 91 IPL matches so far. In these matches, he has scored 2790 runs with an average of 37.70 and a strike rate of 134.07. During this period, he has scored 3 centuries and 18 half-centuries. All three centuries were achieved by Gill in the IPL 2023 season, making it his best season in the IPL career. Apart from his IPL success, Gill has an impressive record in domestic cricket as well. In First-Class cricket, he has scored 3582 runs in 47 matches, including 10 centuries and 16 half-centuries. His highest score in First-Class cricket is 268 runs. In List A cricket, he has accumulated 4535 runs in 99 matches, comprising 12 centuries and 24 half-centuries.
2. Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Name of the future cricket stars 2nd – The name of India’s young opening batsman, Yashasvi Jaiswal, is also included among the future stars of the cricket world, and it’s not just us saying this. He has proven it through his performances. Yashasvi made his international debut for the Indian team in 2023, and even though it’s only the beginning of 2024, he has already captivated many cricket legends during this short period. Despite being just 22 years old, Yashasvi has achieved several significant records in both international and domestic cricket at this young age. Witnessing his strong performances, many cricket experts believe that he will be counted among the greatest cricketers in the times to come. He has already laid the foundation for this through his early performances.
Yashasvi Jaiswal’s international career
- Yashasvi Jaiswal made his international debut in the year 2023. He played his Test debut against the West Indies cricket team on July 12. Making history in his debut match, he scored a century. Following his Test debut, he also made his T20 debut against the West Indies on August 8, 2023. While he has not made his debut in ODIs yet, considering his performances in both formats, it is likely that the BCCI might provide him with the opportunity to debut in ODIs soon.
- So far, he has played only 4 Test matches, but his performance has been top-notch. In 7 innings across 4 Tests, he has scored 316 runs with an average of 45.14, including 1 century and 1 half-century. His best score during this period was 171 runs, which he achieved in his debut match. In T20 Internationals, Yashasvi has played 17 matches, with an average of 33.46 and a strike rate of 161.93, scoring a total of 502 runs. His highest score is 100, and he has scored 1 century and 4 half-centuries. While his international career is still in its early stages, Yashasvi has already set several significant records in this short span of time.
Yashasvi Jaiswal Records
- The 22-year-old left-handed batsman, Yashasvi Jaiswal, holds the record for scoring a century in his Test debut, a feat not often achieved by batsmen worldwide. Additionally, he became the third Indian batsman to play the highest individual innings in their Test debut. Furthermore, he holds the record for the youngest Indian to score a T20 International century, achieved last year against Nepal at the Asian Games at the age of 21 years, nine months, and 13 days. Similar to his international career, Yashasvi’s IPL and domestic career are also impressive and remarkable.
Yashasvi Jaiswal ‘s IPL and Domestic Career
- Yashasvi Jaiswal, who made his IPL debut in 2020, has played a total of 37 IPL matches so far. In these matches, he has scored 1172 runs with an average of 32.56 and a strike rate of 148.73. During this period, he has registered 1 century and 8 half-centuries. The century was achieved in the IPL 2023 season, which has been his best IPL season to date. In addition to his IPL success, his domestic cricket record is also quite impressive.
- In First-Class cricket, he has accumulated 2162 runs in 19 matches, including 10 centuries and 3 half-centuries. His highest score in First-Class cricket is 265 runs. In List A cricket, he has scored 1511 runs in 32 matches, comprising 5 centuries and 7 half-centuries.
3. Rinku Singh
- Name of the future cricket stars 3rd – Rinku Singh’s name is also included in the list of future cricket stars, despite having made his debut for Team India not too long ago. In the limited time since his debut, he has made such a significant impact that today, everyone has become a fan of his. He appears quite calm on the field, but his bat speaks volumes. Rinku made his international debut in 2023, and by the beginning of 2024, he has already climbed to the top of the list of the world’s best finishers in cricket. With his powerful batting, it is certain that he will dominate the cricket world in the coming times.
Rinku Singh’s international career
- Rinku Singh made his international debut in 2023. He played his T20 International debut against Ireland on August 18. Since then, he has been creating waves in T20 cricket. Following his T20 debut, he made his ODI debut against South Africa on December 19, 2023. However, he is still awaiting his Test debut.
- Up until now, he has played only 15 T20 Internationals, but his performance has been top-notch. In these 15 T20I matches, he has scored 356 runs with an average of 89.00 and a strike rate of 176.23. This includes a best score of 69*, and he has registered two half-centuries. Rinku recently played an unbeaten inning of 69 runs against Afghanistan, rescuing Team India when they were struggling at 22 for 4. Additionally, he has scored 55 runs in two ODIs, and despite not seeming substantial, these innings hold significant importance.
Rinku Singh Records
- There are no specific records registered in the name of 26-year-old left-handed batsman Rinku Singh. However, the manner in which he has performed in T20 International cricket for India is nothing short of remarkable. In all the matches he has played so far, he has been dismissed for a single-digit score only once. While he may not have accumulated many records in international cricket yet, Rinku Singh has several records to his name in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and domestic cricket.
Rinku Singh’s IPL and Domestic Career
- Rinku Singh, who made his IPL debut in 2017, has played a total of 31 IPL matches so far. In these matches, he has maintained an average of 36.25 and a strike rate of 142.16, accumulating 725 runs with his bat. During this period, he has also scored 4 half-centuries, all of which were achieved in the IPL 2023 season, making it his best season in the IPL career. In the same season, he achieved a remarkable feat by hitting 5 sixes in the last over while chasing the target. This accomplishment is unparalleled in the history of the game, and perhaps no batsman has been able to replicate it since.
- Similarly, his record in domestic cricket is quite impressive. In First-Class cricket, he has registered 7 centuries and 20 half-centuries in 43 matches, accumulating 3099 runs. His highest score in this format is an unbeaten 163 runs. In List A cricket, he has played 57 matches, scoring 1 century and 17 half-centuries, with a total of 1899 runs. Rinku is a batsman who can make bowlers nervous with his aggressive style, and he is expected to continue performing well in the future.
4. Ruturaj Gaikwad
- Name of the future cricket stars 4th – In the list of future cricket stars, the next name is that of India’s promising opening batsman Ruturaj Gaikwad, who made his debut for Team India in the year 2021. However, he did not get many opportunities initially. Recently, he has been given ample chances, and his performances in those opportunities have been outstanding. Observers believe that he is set to make a significant impact on the cricket world in the times to come. Not only as a batsman but also as a captain, he is expected to carve out a distinctive identity for himself. He has already shown glimpses of this potential in his early performances.
Ruturaj Gaikwad’s international career
- Ruturaj Gaikwad made his international debut in the year 2021. He played his T20 International debut against the Sri Lankan team on July 28. However, he didn’t get many opportunities to play at that time. Ruturaj made his One Day International (ODI) debut against South Africa on October 6, 2022. And now he is still awaiting his Test debut.
- So far, he has played only 19 T20 International matches, but he has showcased an excellent performance. In these 19 T20I matches, he has scored 500 runs in 17 innings at an impressive average of 35.71 and a strike rate of 140.05, including a best score of 123* which comprises 1 century and 3 half-centuries. His T20I century came recently against Australia. Additionally, he has accumulated 115 runs in 6 ODIs, with a best score of 71 runs.
Ruturaj Gaikwad Records
- The 26-year-old right-handed batsman Ruturaj Gaikwad may not have accumulated many records as a batsman, but he holds the record of leading India to a gold medal victory as a captain in the Asian Games 2023. His name ranks second in the list of batsmen who have played the biggest innings in T20 International cricket for India. While he may not have established numerous records in international cricket yet, in the coming times, he is expected to be counted among the finest cricketers not only in India but also in world cricket.
Ruturaj Gaikwad’s IPL and Domestic Career
- Ruturaj, who made his IPL debut in 2020, has played a total of 52 IPL matches so far, with an average of 39.07 and a strike rate of 135.52, scoring 1797 runs with his bat. During this period, he has scored 1 century and 14 half-centuries. The IPL 2023 season was the best season of his IPL career, where he scored 590 runs with his bat. Similarly, his record in domestic cricket is impressive. In 28 first-class matches, he has scored 6 centuries and 9 half-centuries, accumulating 1941 runs. His highest score in first-class cricket is 195 runs. In List A cricket, he has played 77 matches, scoring 15 centuries and 17 half-centuries, totaling 4130 runs. His highest score in List A cricket is an unbeaten 220 runs.
5. Arshdeep Singh
- Name of the future cricket stars 5th – The next name in the list of future cricket stars is India’s star fast bowler Arshdeep Singh, who made his debut for Team India in 2022. Since then, every time he has been given the opportunity, he has proven himself. Recently, he has been consistently taking wickets, including a five-wicket haul in a single One Day International (ODI) match against South Africa on South African soil. Even before this, he has showcased match-winning bowling performances on several occasions, earning him the reputation of being considered one of the best fast bowlers of the next century by many experts.
Arshdeep Singh’s international career
- Arshdeep Singh made his international debut in 2022. He played his T20 International debut against the England cricket team on July 7. Since then, he has become a formidable force among opposition batsmen in T20 cricket. Arshdeep made his One Day International (ODI) debut against New Zealand on November 25, 2022. However, he is still awaiting his Test cricket debut.
- In his international career so far, Arshdeep has played 44 T20 Internationals and 6 ODIs, claiming a total of 62 and 10 wickets, respectively. His best bowling figures in ODIs include taking 5 wickets for 37 runs. In T20 Internationals, his best bowling performance is 4 wickets for 37 runs. While his international cricket career is relatively young, he has already achieved several significant records in a short period.
Arshdeep Singh Records
- The 24-year-old left-arm fast bowler, Arshdeep Singh, ranks second for India in terms of taking the fastest 50 wickets in T20 Internationals. He achieved this feat in just 33 matches. Additionally, he currently holds the sixth position for taking the most wickets in T20 Internationals for India. In the future, he is expected to set several more records in the same vein.
Arshdeep Singh’s IPL and Domestic Career
- Having made his IPL debut in 2019, Arshdeep Singh has played a total of 51 IPL matches to date, dismissing 57 batsmen. During this period, his best bowling figure is taking 5 wickets by conceding 32 runs. Similar to his IPL performance, he has also shown his prowess in domestic cricket by sending several batsmen back to the pavilion. He holds the record of taking 41 wickets in 13 first-class matches and 31 wickets in 23 List A matches.